BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

the experience of a lifetime...

Mexico is incredible. people places and things i saw these last three weeks keep flashing through my brain. i'm not even able to express how much i enjoyed mexico and the things i learned. being in a different team is the first adjustment you have to make, new people, new personalities you have to mesh with, new jokes, everything seems different, but you learn to connect with one another if you don't you have the longest three weeks of your life. now i'm trying to decide if i want to explain the trip every second of everyday or just tell you the big things god has shown me throughout the last three weeks. and considering its almost 11 and i still have to memorize scripture memory i'll go with the second. the two main things i learned while in mexico were -one i have no control over my life i'm one hundred percent god's! -two i am not the one who determines if my life is great or not.
now to explain... i've been going back and forth with god for the last how many years just asking him to tell me where he wants me to go and what he wants me to do. i don't care what or where i just want to know so i can prepare myself for whatever he has planned for me. but throughout this trip i could really see how god doesn't want exceptions he just wants the willing no strings attached. i don't know if that makes sense to you but to me it's becoming clearer and clearer everyday! i don't need to know where or what i'll be doing because god will prepare me the way he wants when he wants i'm clay and he's the potter let him create his master piece.
as for the second thing god showed me its simple really. god determines if your life is great or not i can't. i used to think my little town was nothing special there is nothing GREAT going on there,, well not in my eyes, but to god he has called every single pastor and family in my home church for a reason he has a GREAT calling there i just never saw it that way before. just like every small little church in the moun
tains in the middle of nowhere mexico has a purpose and a GREAT calling on it. maybe i'm making sense maybe i'm not but either way god has reveal a ton to me in just three weeks. so in a nutshell god is awesome and i'm just human. so hopefully this shows you a glimpse of my heart from the past three weeks there is so much more to be shared.

much love moni
here's a few pics from the trip -


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you

callie alise said...

hey monica :) thanks for posting about mexico.. i am always so interested to hear about what people learned on mission trips.. i loved what you said about how we aren't the ones who determine whether or not our lives are great.. God already knows everything he has planned for the ones who seek Him whole heartedly.. everything we do completely depends on Him and where he is leading us.. which is good to know! but easy to forget.. especially as time goes by.. so hold on TIGHT to the truth God revealed to you in Mexico.. the enemy would love to steal that from you.. ANYWAYS.. im so glad you 24/7ers are back.. we missed you guys!

ZuZu said...

Dude thats so crazy. The part where you talked about you have been asking God to show you where he wants you to go so you can prepare and everything. That's the same thing I've been going through for the past like 4 years and I finally realized the same thing you did over the trip too. That's really cool. God is cool like that. I'm so excited about what God has been and is continueing to show you. Whatever God has you doing in the future you're going to rock at it and I CAN'T wait to see what that is!

I love you!
~Zu