BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

a glimpse of my summer...

so i've been laying in bed for a few hours trying to fall asleep doing all the usual things that usually work to put me to sleep none of them working. so now i'm uploading pics to walmart listening to music and realized i haven't blogged for what seems like ages so here i am..its july 27. ahh! summer has flown by and i feel like i haven't captured all the moments i wanted to with the complete fullness i should have but i love everything i have. the summer started with arriving back in my hometown. little ole argyle wi population of 823. hmm i have missed this little town. its just so quiet and peaceful. within just a few hundred feet from my house you can look out and see the rolling hills of wisconsin! and minutes you will be out in the middle of a road with corn feilds and pastures full of dairy cows staring you in the face with the smell of grass and manure watching a tractor bailing hay on a far ridge of the hill. as you drive down and around the curvy country roads you have to becareful not to hit any deer, racoons, and oppossums along with a rare occasion of fox, cows, and dogs ha. there may only be one 'main' intercetion in town but it has everything you need and its my home::


well most of my summer has been filled with children. i babysit for my highschool volleyball coach's kids they are so cute and precious! they are currently 9month old, just turned 6year old(as of yesterday!!), and a 7year old. they are a hoot, between making sure baby gabrielle doesnt eat anything harmful or falling off of something and keeping the older two from hurting each other too much they keep me on my toes. lots of laughter and giggles from the kids. i love the sound of laughter and the innocense of children. it has been nice watching them because its made me look at the simple things in life again. the beauty of just being completely and totally me, without any strings attached:..
along with being home and watching kids i've also spent quite a few nights at my home away from home. the unbridled faith farm! i am very close with the owners, they are like my second family. i've had a lot of long talks with elaine and spent a few nights with my ethan and laughed much with roy. its so good to beable to go out to the farm look out and just pray and seek god in the middle of his creation.. they are wonderful people and god is about to do something incredable in their lives i'm so excited to be apart of it!

http://www.unbridledfaith.com/

coming home to my old friends is another highlight of the summer. i missed them so much and so much has happened since i left that we had some fun nights hanging out and just catching up and spending good quality time with them. its hard to think i only have 3weeks left with them! just one summer is not enough time to see them and talk to them and find out whats happening in their lives! but i enjoyed every second of laughs hugs and time i spent with them! i love you guys so much!!


last but not least my family and my home! it was a little weird at first coming home to our big white house that was empty! well seemed empty with most of my stuff packed away and melissa and jeremy's rooms turned into a play room for the daycare mom has and a comptur/office room. yeah these things were like that for christmas but still home had changed and i wasn't a part of it. hard to grasp for a week but i've learned to change with it thats what change is all about, learning to go with the flow fitting into the new mold. ahh. it feels like summer just started and the end is just as close...

2 comments:

[ Melody ] said...

aw I loved reading this. your perfect infusion of pictures and random details made me miss you a little less... or maybe a little more. who knows? :) I can't wait to see you... and squeeze the crap out of you. haha I miss seeing your perfectly styled red hair, and those huge, lumious eyes of yours. gah.
<3 <3

a u g u s t i n e said...

it really seems you love home a lot.! The other day I was sitting around with my friends that I have known since I was 8 drinking coffee, because now we are close to becoming men now,ha.!, I got my thinking of how much it so cool to grow up with each other in the same home town for over 11 years, but at the same time ow much it hurts so bad to know that we are all growing up very very quickly. When you said in your post about feeling like you haven't caught all the moments in the fullness you wanted to, it made me think of how many times I have felt that way, and why at times in life do seem to keep feeling that way.? Before I know it.. these friends of mine may not be around for the next 12 years. You can't be close and do life with everybody.! Gosh that hurts.! We have to make the days count and the hours worth while. Maybe one day I can build a colony of all the people i know to live in so we can all do life together.! ha..
think think think. ()}:
A population of 823, thats pretty cool.! Do you know or have you met everyone.? ( ;